About Me

My photo
I teach second grade students and love my job!

Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Monitoring my GAME Plan

After reviewing my GAME plan, I feel as though my plan is a little too lengthy. Because of this I feel that maybe I need to modify my GAME plan. I would love any thoughts/suggestions from my classmates. As a teachers I know that collaborating with others is one of the best ways to learn so I would appreciate any feedback! Thanks!

One part of my GAME plan was to keep myself current in the world of technology and I feel as though I am doing this rather well. I have been researching several websites and resources and have found several that I think will be quite useful. I have also had a chance to get some really great resources from my classmates' blog postings. Here are a few resources that I think are wonderful:

www.funderstanding.com/content/inspiring-creativity-in-student

I was able to get some inspiring ideas from this site. Creating meaningful learning that involves students showing their creativity is a huge part of my goal and I was excited to find this site.

www.4Teachers.org

When you get to the 4Teachers home page there is a link called Teacher Tacklebox which is a wonderful resource for any subject and how to incorporate technology!!

www.school.discoveryeducation.com/schrockguide/assess.html

This is a site created by an educator named Kathy Schrock. This site has some really great rubrics for assessing students work.

Overall, I am pleased with my findings and the resources that I've been able to use from my Walden classmates. I am anxious to get some feedback on my GAME plan so I can have a more concrete plan set into place.

Finally, I just wanted to share with everyone how thankful I am for all the blessings in my life and I want to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving! God Bless!!

5 comments:

  1. Julie,

    I understand your concern about our GAME plans being lengthy and keeping track of all of the resources. I am planning on concentrating on only one or two types of technology at first and then gradually adding other pieces to my lessons.

    Thanks for sharing the new websites.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie,
    I re-read your game plan since you asked for feedback. I am able to break down each section into clear sentences that identify your goals, actions and methods for monitoring and evaluating. I think it is good.

    You may find your plan lengthy, but I find it thorogh and well organized. No doubt, there is a great deal of work embedded but you are on top of it.

    I share your love for teaching, and like you,I am working hard to learn how to incorporate technology in my lessons smoothly.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie,
    My suggestion to you about your plan is to try to narrow it down a little. Focus on one lesson instead of trying to convert every lesson into creative and technical lessons. The second area you are talking about look at one point of technology that you want to learn about. For example say you want to learn more about the Smart Board. Then just concentrate on it, not the Smart Board, Elmo, ipads and so on. It’s just too much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb, Kelly, and James:

    Thanks for your thoughts about my GAME plan. I really appreciate your comments and thoughts. It sounds like my plan is lengthy but good. I do think I will take James' advise and begin to focus more on one piece of technology to learn more about instead of trying to learn about everything at once. Thanks for your thoughts!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for posting these links!

    ReplyDelete